Department Action Items for your New Hire: Policies, Guidelines and Tools
Helps with the question; "The candidate is clear for hire and ready for ePAF, what do I do?"
- Electronic Personnel Action Form (ePAF) - A hire ePAF is submitted for all new employees.
- Department Checklist - New Employee Orientation
- HIRING Timelines
- I-9 - All new employees must provide appropriate documentation to verify identity and employment eligibility. Section 1 of the I-9 must be completed by the employee on or before their date of hire. Section 2 must be completed by the department within 3 business days of hire date. For instructions on completing the I-9 click here, and for the I-9 form itself, click here. Any additional questions should be directed to your Service Team.
- Employee ID number and CIS password - To log in the first time, employees use their uNID (using a lowercase "u" to replace the first zero of their University ID number) as their username. Their password is their birth date in one of the following formats: mmddyy or mmdd. Once they are logged in, they may change their password. If you are having problems, please contact the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000.
- Employee Intellectual Property Assignment Agreement
- Other Areas to Update in CIS - After logging into CIS for the first time to change your password, please go to:"Employee Self Service Apps" section and select the "Personal Bio/Demo Information"link to update the following information:
- Update personal information, including University email address. Note: This email address will appear on the University Campus Directory.
- Update information under "Ethnic Groups,"Veteran Status," and "Disability Status"
- CDL Drivers: drug and alcohol testing program
New Employee Action Items