Veterans - University of Utah
Veterans who are applicants:
- Please submit following two (2) documents to obtain veteran preference in the application process at the University of Utah. You may attach these documents to the first application filled out on-line. Please contact us at 801-581-2169 before submitting your first application.
- DD-214 (Member Copy 4)
- Addendum - this is a University of Utah document found at the following link: Veteran’s Preference Addendum. The requirements to obtain veteran preference are listed within this document. Also listed in this document is the process used by the University regarding Veteran applicants.
The preferred way to deliver documents is to attach the documents to the electronic application. However, you may also email documents to email@example.com, fax to 801-581-8462 or hand deliver to Human Resources at 420 Wakara Way, Suite 105, Salt Lake City, UT 84108.
- Don’t have a DD-214 Member Copy 4 or 2?
Contact Utah Department of Veterans Affairs at 801.326.2372 to obtain further instructions for obtaining a copy of a DD-214 showing the status of your discharge.
- Wondering how to find a job in civilian life which will utilize the skills and abilities obtained in the military?
If so, click on this link to find an occupation translator: http://www.careerinfonet.org/moc/
Veterans who are current employees of the University of Utah:
To identify your service as a Veteran, please login to CIS, go to the "Employee" tab, under the "Employee Self Service Apps" section select "Personal Bio/Demo Information" and update your information under "Veteran Status."
Other internal resources available to student Veterans at the University of Utah
- Veteran Support Center - http://veteranscenter.utah.edu/
- University of Utah – Office of the Registrar - http://registrar.utah.edu/veteran/index.php
Other Veteran Resources for Veteran applicants and Veteran employees:
- Military One Source www.militaryonesource.com – Military Employee Assistance Program
- Vet Center Combat Call Center – 877-927-8987 – Confidential call center for combat Veterans and families to discuss readjustment to civilian life as well as other issues.
- Disabled American Veterans – http://www.dav.org – can arrange transportation to VA medical centers in some areas.