University of Utah Job Description
Directs all scenic activities for productions by determining the production expenses, the time frame for completion, negotiating alternatives with the director, establishing the production calendar, overseeing the scenic budget, coordinating shop and stage activities and overseeing running crews for all productions.
Bachelor's in Theatre with an emphasis in theatre design or technology or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) required; two years of practical work experience in technical production on the university or professional level, the ability to read and understand floor plans, design sketches, blueprints, construction plans and the ability to produce working drawings and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Coordinates scenic activities for productions and ensures that all production schedule deadlines are met.
2. Determines whether production drawings can be executed given the budget and time frame.
3. Negotiates with the directors on suggested alternatives and in preparing the production calendar.
4. Oversees the technical aspects and safety procedures involved in scenic construction.
5. Facilitates the movement of scenic elements ensuring efficiency and safety.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH