University of Utah Job Description
Oversees all management functions within a clinical department or division within the School of Medicine; assumes responsibility for duties including strategic and tactical planning, goal setting, policy development and organization of unit resources.
A Bachelor's degree in health care administration, business, a related field, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience); seven years full-time progressively more responsible management-level experience in clinical/health care setting; and demonstrated effective communication and human relation skills required. A Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH), Business Administration (MBA) or Public Administration (MPA) and work experience in a specific area of the field of medicine may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Administers and may develop an accounting system to support the day-to-day operation of the department/division(s).
2. Exercises prudent financial control within department/division guidelines to ensure the clinical area operates within established budget.
3. Ensures that clinical, patient, financial, grant, contract, and sponsored project records meet university guidelines as well as state, federal and granting agency regulations and contractual obligations.
4. Prepares or provides for the preparation of budget statements, financial status reports and income statements as requested by senior University personnel or as required by outside entities with whom the department/division seeks to establish business relationships.
5. Provides effective supervision over subordinate staff.
6. Provides advice to faculty and staff on policy and procedure questions.
7. Assures physical facilities are properly maintained.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH