University of Utah Job Description
The UMFA Supervisor of Museum Operations will provide direct support to the Director of Finance and Operations in supporting the work of the Museum. This position will coordinate and provide oversight of routine and preventative maintenance, repair projects, and other tasks related to the physical plant and operations of the UMFA and its related equipment. This position is not responsible for the preservation or display of Art objects.
One year of related experience or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience); demonstrated mechanical aptitude and experience; familiarity with the physical plant; and, demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Familiarity with department organization, objectives and policies and procedures is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Acts as the Museum’s liaison to the University’s Plant Operations staff.
2. Schedules and provides oversight of repair and maintenance projects.
3. Provides instruction and training to other Museum staff members in the proper procedures for preventative maintenance of the UMFA building and equipment.
4. Coordinates and directs the service and repair of the UMFA HVAC equipment through the University’s Plant Operations.
5. Prioritizes requests and schedules projects for completion.
6. Evaluates project proposals from vendors and University resources.
7. Coordinates and provides oversight to all R&R projects with Facilities Planning, Physical Plant, and outside contractors.
8. Makes routine inspections of areas for work progress, cleanliness, and completion of projects. Draws attention to deficiencies that need to be corrected.
9. Provides support of UMFA resources, such as computers and other office equipment. Coordinates service contracts when necessary.
10. Meets weekly with the Director of Finance and Operations to review weekly schedule, discuss problems, and participate in training.
The incumbent is responsible for scheduling and directing all projects assigned to her/him. The incumbent is given authority to expend funds assigned to him/her.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2023 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH