University of Utah Job Description
Responsible for monitoring and evaluating incoming and/or outgoing calls to ensure quality, customer service, and adherence to the policies and procedures of the department. Ensures representatives are handling calls in the most efficient and effective manner, while providing an exceptional customer/patient experience.
Associate’s degree in related area, four years of related customer service experience, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience). Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
Quality assurance experience in a customer service or health care environment may be required.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated vaccination requirements, or be approved for an exemption, prior to the first day of work. We protect our patients, coworkers and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Evaluates call handling remotely via real time services observe features and recorded voice and screen capture applications.
2. Reviews and provides feedback to department manager on call handling complaints.
3. Provides feedback to assist in the creation of performance improvement goals and the development of training programs.
4. Leads calibration meetings to ensure consistency in call evaluations and maintaining quality assurance goals are met.
5. Analyze quality assurance data to identify trends and report findings to leadership.
6. Provides input on problem identification and resolution and continuous quality improvement.
7. Works collaboratively with department manager in supporting departmental project needs.
8. Remain current on policies and procedures for all operations.
9. May lead the work of others.
Must have advance oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with senior leaders in the organization.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH