University of Utah Job Description
Constructs, maintains, and tests electrical systems and components. Uses measuring and diagnostic tools to test and modify electronic parts. Ensures systems and components meet established specifications.
Performs system design and cost analysis. Works with customers and contractors on project coordination.
Five years vocational and electronic training with an emphasis on advanced electronic systems and equipment or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Performs calibration and verification of various electronic communication equipment.
2. Programs, connects and verifies various devices connected to the campus ethernet system for communication purposes.
3. Maintains IP range data for future use and expansion on the campus ethernet.
4. Designs and implementation of new electronic control systems for building level.
5. Project design and coordination with Campus entities and contractors.
6. Performs design, programming and coordination for system hardware.
7. Works with the UIT Network team to identify problems and add new units to the ethernet system.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH