University of Utah Job Description
The Clerical/Events Support Specialist will be cross-trained to perform a combination of cashier, special event attendant, and pay lot functions. This position will have rotating responsibilities, performing each of the essential functions as assigned.
One year customer service or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience); demonstrated human relations and effective communications skills; and basic computer skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Collect payments and prepare receipts for routine fees and permits; verify collected monies against cash register tapes and statements.
2. Process ticket payments and appeal tickets.
3. Perform clerical tasks such as answering phones, responds to emails, and data entry.
4. Direct customers and answer questions in parking lot entrances during special events.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Incumbents in this position are expected to be familiar with department and University policies and procedures in order to answer and assist students, staff, faculty, and visitors.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH