University of Utah Job Description
Provide technical audio-visual, multi-media, and video support services for a variety of meetings, training sessions, and/or events. Set up, troubleshoot and maintain multimedia equipment.
Associate’s degree in a related area and two years of experience in the field, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) is required. Demonstrated computer, presentation software and A/V equipment skills. Human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Provide technical audio-visual support for teleconferences, webinars, distance-learning classes, meetings, conferences, training sessions, and corporate events.
2. Set up, troubleshoot, and maintain multimedia equipment.
3. Troubleshoot issues as they arise for online course/conference moderators and attendees.
4. Ensure proper connectivity of equipment, networks, and computers to the AV system for display.
5. Operate audio and video recording systems, motion picture projecting equipment, film, slide, video, audio tape or turntable equipment.
6. Prepare rooms with proper equipment for specific events and ensure the proper security of all audio/visual equipment.
7. May schedule the use of facilities, equipment, materials and services.
8. May provide training on the use and operation of equipment and procedures. Provides guidance based on technology requirements, and limitations, budget, registration requirements and target audience.
Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required:
Often: Office environment, hazards (includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals)
Seldom: Outdoor environment, extreme cold, extreme heat
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required:
Nearly Continuously: Hearing, listening, talking
Often: Sitting, standing, talking, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, kneeling, squatting, crawling, reaching overhead, pulling, pushing.
Seldom: lifting - up to 50 pounds.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2023 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH