University of Utah Job Description
The Director of Admissions brings the University's mission to life by leading the effort to create a compelling and attractive vision for potential students, enhancing the admission process for those candidates and assuring a rewarding, meaningful and successful experience for those who attend. Supports the Vice President in fulfilling all responsibilities of delivering comprehensive programs and services to University and community customers. Provides leadership in the planning, development and administration of a University division in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration with 8 years of experience in a management level role, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience). Experience in building community/organization partnerships, strong supervisory and management skills, and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Oversight of the budget and daily operations of the Admission Office
2. Develop and promote a yearly enrollment plan that will achieve university enrollment goals
3. Provide leadership in positioning the University in the student marketplace to expand University visibility so as to attract, select, enroll and retain a diverse student body
4. Coordinates the design and implementation of consistent communication through the admission process and throughout enrollment
5. Enhance the working relationship with internal and external communities
6. Administer academic policy and university regulations that govern process of recruitment and enrollment of students
7. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concept’s, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others.
Incumbents in this position have the authority to manage assigned units and designated programs and services. They are responsible for ensuring that diverse patient/customer, family and community issues affecting customer/patient service and care are resolved. Directs the planning and administration of the unit’s budget and makes spending decisions within budget guidelines. Oversees program development for assigned units and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH