University of Utah Job Description
Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of the University’s products and/or services. Assists managers to increase customer base through consistent solicitations. Establishes trust and rapport with clients through appropriate coordination of new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Associates degree in related field or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) with 2-4 years sales experience applicable to assigned University department. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Depending upon department of assignment, preference may be given for a background in hospitality, marketing, communications, public relations, or athletics. This position is not responsible for providing care to patients. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Builds long term sales relationships with new and existing customers/clients.
2. Works with established sales team to market and promote services/space provided by assigned University department to internal and external customers/clients.
3. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns and suggestions. Provides appropriate follow through to ensure quality customer service.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with University staff, faculty and services.
5. Represent assigned University department in the community at chapter meetings, SLC chamber of commerce, and other local business groups.
6. Work with sales and marketing team to develop marketing strategies.
7. Maintains files and records; Updates mailing lists and maintains databases and files.
8. May decide on rate charges when interacting with perspective customers/clients; Advise customers/clients on U of U polices.
9. May assist with coordination of special event activities such as lectures, conferences, luncheons and workshops.
The incumbents work independently while performing their assigned tasks, but generally works as part of a team with input and guidance from senior level sales staff. Challenges encountered in this position include scheduling and overseeing volunteers to ensure that enough volunteers are trained and available to assist where needed at the events. The incumbent must adhere to strict timelines when coordinating the details of special events.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2023 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH