University of Utah Job Description
Act as working Sr. crew lead for employees in the field on projects pertaining to grounds, construction, transportation, and maintenance. Supervise and coordinate activities and responsibilities in assigned area by directing duties that promote the completion of project. Determines equipment and manpower needed to accomplish a variety of tasks. In collaboration with Supervisor, assigns and inspects jobs upon completion. May assist Supervisor with financial management of the operation, participation in meetings and personnel decisions.
An Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) and four years experience related to the area of assignment is required, with at least two years experience leading a maintenance crew. A valid Utah Driver's license is required. Dependent upon area of assignment a Utah Commercial Driver’s License class B may be required. A Utah pesticide applicator’s license may be requested.
This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Manages assigned area by prioritizing, scheduling and organizing daily and seasonal crew assignments and responsibilities.
2. Responsible for Personnel decisions, including hiring, training & development, and employee performance evaluations.
3. Trains employees on operation and safety of all tools and equipment.
4. Provides customer service and implement necessary procedures to address customer complaints.
5. Oversees purchasing of area specific equipment and materials, ensuring equipment is maintained properly and is functional and safe.
6. Performs field work and inspections with contractors.
7. Assist Supervisor as needed.
Must have basic computer knowledge, be able to communicate effectively, problem solve, and have exceptional organizational skills. Exhibit an ability to coordinate staffing assignments to meet project requirements and department schedules.
Depending upon area of assignment, completion of the two-year apprenticeship program may be substituted for the Associate’s degree.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH