University of Utah Job Description
Provides space planning expertise to University administrators, committees and departments by negotiating requests for addition space, analyzing space utilization, preparing special reports, formulating a space master plan for assigned areas of responsibility and maintaining the University’s official spatial data.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience), plus three years of support experience in an administrative environment. A commitment to provide excellent customer service required. Demonstrated human relations, communication, managerial, negotiating, planning and analytical skills are essential to this position. Computer competencies include Word Office, as well as working knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Maintain the University’s tabular and spatial data
2. Evaluates and makes recommendations to the cognizant administrators for all space requests
3. Negotiates interdepartmental space transactions
4. Develops long-term, multi-departmental space allocation master plans within areas of assigned responsibilities
5. Serves on Steering/Working Committees for proposed new campus building
6. Coordinates departmental relocations, both on and off-campus
7. Acts as Sr. Vice-President’s representative for construction project management as assigned
8. Prepares special space utilization studies and reports for university, state and federal auditors and for individual colleges and departments on request
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2023 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH