University of Utah Job Description
Designs, coordinates, and executes a wide range of marketing/communications. Performs a variety of writing, design, and project management tasks while using good judgment and strong interpersonal skills to plan and execute marketing/communications strategies. Utilizes traditional and electronic publishing technologies to produce communications that implement project objectives.
Bachelor’s degree English, Journalism, Communications, or related field plus 3 years of related experience, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience); excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills; familiarity with a variety of computer software; project management and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
Some areas may require additional experience with specific computer systems and may require skills in interviewing, ad copy writing, editing, photography, web writing, graphic design, audio & video production, and oral presentation.
Master’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Develops and executes marketing/communication plans by utilizing traditional and electronic publishing technologies
2. Develops and communicates department information on various projects to its stakeholders, both internal and external
3. Responsible for monitoring effectiveness of marketing/communication tactics and adjusting communication plans as necessary
4. Collaborates with the Department and other clientele to conceptualize on various projects
5. Proofreads all communications and monitors media
6. Manages the research and development of content for publication
7. Develops and adheres to project timelines
8. Ensures that distributed material is accurate and timely
9. May perform other related technical duties as assigned
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2023 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH