University of Utah Job Description
Prepares all video files for recording, manages the quality of all network recordings, and fills dub requests from clients. This position utilizes multi digital formats and disk array systems for recording media used to fill on-air and client requests
An Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) in a broadcast tape room environment required.Knowledge of digital media technologies and quality standards, including encoding and automated quality control tools required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. This position requires great attention to detail, and the ability to recognize and resolve complex problems.
Knowledge of and experience working with multi format tape machines, aspect ratio converters, routers, video file servers, automation systems, digital asset management systems, scopes, and wave form monitors preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Ensures quality of all recorded media
2. Observes, and reports on consistency related to all network recording requests received from the KUED programming department
3. Manages and builds recording lists using ingest automation controls
4. Prepares all video files recordings through media client interface systems
5. Manipulates digital signal formats
6. Operates digital archive systems
7. Uses automation interfaces to encode and prepare programs for air
8. Operates tape machines for recording and playback.
9. Performs dubbing requests for multiple departments
10. Determines, troubleshoots, and resolves programming and equipment related problems
This position works independently in the performance of most tasks, receiving only general supervision. This position is responsible for providing the on-air operations for KUED/KUEN and involves using various audio and video equipment to ensure that programs are being properly broadcast.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2023 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH