University of Utah Job Description
Monitors all broadcast streams for quality of audio, video, closed captions, and correct aspects. This position oversees the manipulation of multiple automation play lists and ensures KUED/KUEN is operating within FCC rules and regulations for local Broadcast requirements.
An Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) required. Knowledge of applicable computer systems and related technologies such as: switchers, character generators, digital audio systems, multi format tape machines, logo generators, and remote control transmitter systems; Familiarity with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations. Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills are also required. This position requires great attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
Two years broadcast, on-air, experience in a multi-stream environment and experience with broadcast automation systems and video file server technologies is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Configures and manipulates air client play list, including secondary event insertion of GPI triggers for aspects, voice overs, graphic keys, and logos
2. Monitors and logs the status of all broadcast streams and takes responsibility for quality control
3. Operates, monitors, and logs mountain top transmitters to ensure broadcasting capabilities
4. Sets up tape machines for on-air playback
5. Operates and logs Emergency Alert System (EAS) equipment
6. Operates master control switchers, including router interface
7. Manages digital audio cart systems
8. Moves DVD files to the server for playback
9. Operates character generators, including editing, building, and keying
10. Communicates and coordinates with other departments as needed
This position works independently in the performance of most tasks, receiving only general supervision. This position is responsible for providing the on-air operations for KUED/KUEN, which may involve monitoring program logs and various audio and video equipment to ensure that programs are being properly broadcast.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH