University of Utah Job Description
This position is responsible for processing, maintaining and bibliographic creation of materials in a variety of formats within the overall operation of the library.
Bachelor’s degree in History, Art, Humanities, Library or Museum Sciences or a related field or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) required. Proficient in using various computer software programs, which includes but not limited to, Excel, Microsoft Word and the Internet. Background in using database management tools such as, Access and Horizon/Aleph. Knowledge of MARC cataloging and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are required;
Some supervisory experience may be preferred.
This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Responsible for the processing of library collection materials using a standard computer-based integrated library system. Processing includes assigning records, cataloging, downloading files and serials maintenance.
2. Troubleshoots the integrated library system, including equipment failures and contacts the appropriate personnel for problem resolution.
3. Prioritizes workload to complete scheduled and assigned work within established guidelines. Records, compiles and manages production statistics for all types of assignments performed.
4. Participates in library activities such as large classification projects, division planning, organizational-wide meetings, training, and involved with problem solving activities related to technology.
5. Writes/creates documents for the unit, including statistics and instructions for processing collection materials.
6. May supervise the work of others.
The incumbent is responsible for describing the intellectual content of print and digital materials held or managed by the Library which requires the analysis of limited textual and visual content. Advanced knowledge of library practices, terminology, classification systems, and the ability to effectively search, enter, edit and correct information in the Library’s catalog and in the digital collections databases.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH