University of Utah Job Description
Provides strategic clinical research financial compliance analysis to institutional and departmental management; assists in coordination of program and operations research and analysis; and assists in successful planning, administration and executive of specific clinical research compliance programs. Provides information related to planning, policy, development, work methods and procedures, manpower utilization, organizational structure, distribution of assignments and information management. Assists in development of clinical research compliance policy for institutional consideration and approval.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Finance, or related field, or equivalency (one year of education can be substituted for two years of related work experience) and four years of progressively more responsible clinical, research and/or management analyst experience; and demonstrated human relations and effective communications skills required.
Clinical, clinical research and/or clinical billing experience preferred. Clinical coordination certification from a professional organization and/or Master’s degree in a related area are preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Liaison to clinical research teams and School of Medicine departments on clinical research compliance initiatives; represents the office of Clinical Research Compliance and Education at relevant institution meetings.
2. Assists in development of institutional clinical research compliance and related policy.
3. Utilizes metrics to measure institutional clinical research billing compliance.
4. Assists in conducting internal audits of clinical research billing and related practices.
5. Analyzes existing and pilot institutional clinical research billing compliance initiatives.
6. Assists in liaison with clinical billing offices on development and streamlining of clinical research billing processes.
7. Teaches formal classes and informal workshops and provides formal presentations related to clinical research coordination and billing compliance, including use of clinical research coordination and/or compliance software programs and databases.
8. Researches evolving national clinical research compliance regulations and guidance for upkeep and development of institutional clinical research compliance.
9. Assesses institutional clinical research compliance practice in relation to national clinical research compliance regulation and guidance, focusing on clinical research billing compliance. Provides information related to national clinical research compliance regulations and institutional clinical research compliance planning, emphasizing clinical research billing compliance.
10. Provides information related to national clinical research compliance regulations and institutional clinical research compliance planning, emphasizing clinical research billing compliance.
Representative challenges of this position include providing key decision-makers an objective view regarding clinical research compliance initiatives; applying theoretical concepts to practical applications; and designing institutional clinical research compliance initiatives to meet evolving national clinical research compliance regulation and guidance.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
250 East 200 South, Suite 125,
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: 801.581.2169 Email: AskHR@utah.edu
© 2024 THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH