There are many resources in the university community to help you acquire, enhance or develop professional skills in the role that you have. Here are some links that will help you identify potential resources:
- Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence provides a wide range of services to support classroom and on-line teaching and learning excellence
- Contact Financial and Business Services for financial management resources for Business Officers, Principal Investigators, Deans and Department Directors
- Human Resources – Training and Development (University, Health Sciences, excluding Hospitals and Clinics) provides a range of workshops for faculty, staff and post docs, meeting and retreat facilitations and customized training options.
- University Healthcare – Education and Development provide a range of workshops and services to support staff in university hospitals and clinics.
- Office of Equity and Diversity has resources to support faculty and students on the main campus
- Marriot Library Knowledge Commons
- Mentoring resources for faculty, staff, post docs and students
- The Women in Medicine and Science (WIMS) Program is sponsored by the Dean, School of Medicine, and Faculty Administration. The goal of the program is to bring women faculty, residents, and students together for networking, and to provide programs to assist in their professional and personal development
- Research Education provides professional development opportunities for all faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars and members of the University research community.
- Continuing Education offers credit and noncredit, enrichment and professional courses in a wide range of topics, from art to recreation to languages to technology to cooking. Our department includes Academic Programs (credit and noncredit), Distance Learning, the English Language Institute, Go Learn, Lifelong Learning, the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, Professional Education, Technology Education, Test Preparation, and Youth Education. Many Continuing Education programs qualify for Tuition Reduction for benefits-eligible employees.
- Staff Diversity
If you cannot find the resources you need or want to talk further about your requirements e-mail Mary Anne Berzins, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources.