Frequently Asked Questions
- What COVID-19 prevention measures are being taken for this year’s in-person EAD at Rice-Eccles Stadium?
- We are highly encouraging masking and socially distancing at this year’s event. Masks will be available at the employee entrance gate to the event (limited quantities available, first-come, first served), and volunteers will help keep distancing in elevators and in lines for food and activities. We also are encouraging registration through EventBrite to help the event planners know many people to expect for each hour of the event, and many non-COVID friendly activities we’ve had in the past, such as face painting and massages, will not be featured at this year’s event.
- Why is this year’s EAD being held during Fall Break/October rather than September?
- Historically, EAD is held the last Thursday in September at Rice-Eccles Stadium. However, construction at the stadium is not expected to be completed until October 2021, and we wanted to give employees one of the first chances to see the stadium in its completely remodeled glory! Also, many services that are critical to the success of EAD, such as shuttle and parking services, were only available to us during Fall Break this year. It is our goal to hold future EAD events on the usual last Thursday in September starting again in 2022 and going forward.
- What do I need to bring to this year’s EAD?
- Ucards are required to enter this year’s event. Student employees without an employee UCard should email EAD@utah.edu with their UNID. They will receive a confirmation email, and they should plan on bringing/showing this confirmation along with their student UCard in order to enter. All attendees should also bring their EventBrite registration in order to claim their free pizza. You may either bring a printed out copy of your registration, or show your confirmation email on your phone. We also highly suggest bringing and wearing a mask to the event!