The Compensation Management Department manages and evaluates pay and classification systems to allow the University to be internally equitable and externally competitive.
Compensation's goal is to establish pay and classification practices that allow the University to attract and retain good employees in support of organizational goals while ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
The Staff Compensation Program supports the following objectives:
- to attract, develop, retain, and reward high quality staff at all levels of responsibility
- to promote internal equity and consistency across diverse University functions
- to encourage wages, salaries and benefits which are competitive with the prevailing rates for similar employment in the labor markets
- to provide consistency, while remaining flexible in meeting diverse University needs
- to provide the foundation for a performance-based pay system