The University offers 50% tuition reduction for eligible employees and their families.
- You must be employed in a full-time position (75% FTE or greater) to be eligible for tuition reduction benefits.
- Tuition reduction is available:
- For you after you have worked for the University in a full-time benefit-eligible position for 6 consecutive months;
- For your spouse after you have worked in a full-time benefit-eligible position for 1 consecutive year; and
- For your eligible dependent childrenafter you have worked in a full-time benefit-eligible position for 3 consecutive years.
- Eligible dependent children are unmarried, under age 26, and dependent on you for at least 50% of their support.
- The waiting period starts on first day of work in an eligible position. You must complete the waiting period prior to the first day of the semester.
- Tuition reduction does not include things like special fees, lab fees, or text books.
Applications MUST be completed each semester and submitted to the Benefits Department prior to the first day of the semester.
HOW TO ENROLL
If you are an eligible employee, you may apply for tuition reduction benefits by completing an Application for Reduced Tuition and submitting it to the Benefits Department prior to the first day of the semester.
If the application is not received and processed before the day tuition is due and tuition is not paid, all classes may be dropped. The student may re-enroll after tuition has been paid, but may not be able to enroll in a desired class if the class is full.