Health Care Plan (Medical & Dental Coverage)
The University of Utah Employee Health Care Plan has three Plan Design Options and three Network Options from which to choose.
Review the Summary Comparisons for cost information and highlights of each option (including network provider information, annual deductibles, coinsurance percentages, copayments, out-of-pocket maximums, and prescription drug coverage):
- Coverage options for all University employees are the same.
- The University pays the majority of the cost of health care coverage.
- Employee contributions are paid through pre-tax payroll deductions.
- The University has one Dental Option, administered by BlueCross BlueShield (PLEASE NOTE: you may only enroll in dental coverage if you enroll in one of the medical options.)
- Affordable Care Act and Health Coverage
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Coverage effective January 1, 2015
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- COBRA Coverage
- Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) & Health Savings Account
- Coordination of Medical Benefits
- Dental Coverage
- Eligibility and Enrollment
- Eligible Dependents
- Employee Assistance Program and Behavioral Health Coverage
- Find a Network Provider
- Preventive Services Under ACA
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Privacy Notice
- Provider Network and Plan Design Options
- Status Change Events
- Summary Comparison of Medical and Dental Benefits - University Faculty and Staff
- Summary Plan Descriptions
- Tax Form 1095-C
- University Pharmacies