Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
The University of Utah's Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance Program, provided through The Hartford, provides benefits in the event of a covered accident, 24 hours a day, both on and off the job.
Highlights of AD&D Insurance
- AD&D Employee Booklet
- AD&D insurance is in addition to any life insurance you may have.
- You may enroll or change coverage at any time. Enrollment and changes to coverage are effective on the first day of the month following the date your completed enrollment form is turned in to the Benefits Department.
- Coverage is available in $10,000 increments ranging from $10,000 up to a maximum of $500,000.
- If you elect family coverage, benefits for your spouse and dependents will be a percentage of your benefit amount.
- Travel Assistance coverage is included:
- Travel Assistance Brochure
- Covers participants traveling more than 100 miles from home.
- Includes emergency medical evacuation, transport of mortal remains, and transportation of an escort.